The biggest advantage of having solar energy is the cost savings. After the initial installation, the cost savings are enormous. You can also save the planet because solar energy will reduce your carbon footprint.
There are also government subsidies that you can get when you use this system. You can get more information about solar at https://familyfirstsolar.com which can help you in every way. They can help answer all your questions that you might have about solar energy.
This article will help you to learn more about this type of energy. It will help to make the decision of whether to have it or not. You can also do more research to find the information that you need.
Things to Consider
- Make Sure the Company is Trustworthy – Do a Google search to find reviews about the company. Ask for references and then check those references out before you buy. This is a big investment, and you want to make sure that you are getting what you pay for.
- Are They Certified – Solar installers are required by law to be certified. Ask to see their certification before you approve them to do your job: https://www.nabcep.org/. Make sure that they have all licensing they need to have as well.
- Get More Than One Estimate –Getting multiple bids is easier than ever due to the internet. You want to get at least three or four estimates before you choose one company. Make sure that you choose based on their experience and not just on the price.
- Know How Solar Power Works – You should know how solar power works before you choose it to power your home. There are two types of technologies that are available – Photovoltaic (PV) and Thermal (T). See here to learn the difference. You should know the differences between them both.
- There May Be Extra Costs – Some companies that are more unscrupulous may try to add extra costs for such things as monitoring or a maintenance plan. You don’t need these things and if you don’t want to pay for them, find another company. You may also need to pay extra money to change the wiring in your home or business.
- Know What Maintenance is Required – You want to make sure that the company knows what safety measures they must take to install and maintain your equipment. Make sure that they have been trained well so that they won’t get hurt and so that your equipment is installed safely. You should also ask the company what you should do to maintain the system.
- Be Specific About What You Want and Need –There are issues that you need to discuss about this system. You need to decide if you want a long-term payment plan or if you want to pay as you go for your energy. You could make monthly payments, or the payments can be made quarterly or annually.
- Know Company Policies –Know the policies before you sign the paperwork. You want to see if they have a cancellation policy that can protect you if you can’t afford the payments anymore. What other policies do they have that you need to be aware of? These are important to know.
- Know Your Power Usage –Be realistic about how much power you are using. The solar company should be able to tell you how many kilowatt hours your system can provide. You need to be realistic because they can change the system so that you can get more if you need it.
- Get It in Writing –Get everything that is promised to you in writing. This way you have something to fall back on if something goes wrong. You also need to see if they have a warranty that they can offer you.
There is a lot of information that you should know about before you install a solar system. You want to make sure that they are licensed and certified and that they are trustworthy. These are important for you to know before you choose a company to install your system.
You need to know at least a little about how solar power works. This will help you to decide what type of solar power you want. It can also help you to see if the company is being honest with you.